We are sure that you have already heard more than once about corporate branding and how important it is to stand out from your competition.
But what exactly is this about corporate branding? Can I apply it from the beginning or only if I achieve a significant market volume? How do I propose a good strategy?
To all these questions (and surely to some other), we will give you answers in this article.
What is corporate branding?
Let’s start at the beginning, by defining the concept. If we go to Wikipedia , the definition we find may be somewhat confusing:
«Anglicism used in marketing that refers to the process of making and building a brand (in English, brand equity) through the strategic management of the total set of assets linked directly or indirectly to the name and / or symbol (logo) that identify the brand influencing the value of the brand, both for the client and for the company that owns the brand ».
If you understood it at the first congratulations, because the truth is that it is difficult to understand what it says.
What this definition means is that the objective of corporate branding is to endow a company with a defined «soul or personality».
Because that «soul» is what will get people to recognize your company even when their logo doesn’t appear. It means giving it personality, but above all, it stands out from the competition .
Let’s do an exercise. Think about…
- A soft drink that evokes extreme sports and in which life is practically at stake.
- A brand of hamburgers.
- A smartphone that you identify with quality and innovation.
- A sportswear brand that conveys the value to excel.
- Strings 30 Album Songs
Let’s see if we have hit:
- Red Bull.
- McDonalds (Burger King might also be worth it).
Surely in some, yes or yes, we have hit the nail on the head. Well, what has just happened is exactly corporate branding.
These companies have positioned themselves as the first thought of consumers when faced with certain situations or values . In a way it is like being that first result of Google, what happens that this time, your brain is the search engine.
The 3 keys to achieving successful corporate branding
Now that you know what corporate branding is and the importance it has in any business, it’s time to get down to business.
That is why we are going to something more practical, and that is that now we explain 3 questions that you must take into account to create a successful corporate branding plan .
1. DEFINE YOUR AUDIENCE
The first thing you should be clear about is who you want to sell your product to. And for this, you must define your ideal buyer person or client.
When you know your client perfectly, you know what they need and what worries them. In short, it is easier for you to empathize with it.
- Claudia, a girl who has just bought a car but has a problem regarding the expenses it generates.
- Urko, a student who transfers from normal with public transportation, but who occasionally needs a car to transport large objects.
When we define the branding of our brand, we do not seek to make it spectacular or impressive; our goal # 1 is to connect more with our customer. And this is what will make us increase sales.
2. THE IMPORTANCE OF VALUES
When it comes to corporate branding, we often think of colors, typography, or music. But before all that (and in line with our buyer persona), we have to choose what are the values that we want to transmit with our brand.
- Animated Character Video – It’s more fun, fresh, and cheerful than one with real actors.
- General aesthetics: our interest is to reinforce values such as ecology or the importance of healthy food, that is why the video shows landscapes or is based on very bright colors.
- The value proposition: this client differentiates himself from the competition by offering ecological, responsible and healthy products. So at the beginning we give more strength to the appearance of food with the benefits of the proposal.
In order to connect with your client, the first thing you must achieve is that your brand transmits the values that concern your target audience.
3. CREATE A UNIQUE VISUAL IDENTITY
When we talk about identity, we mean that you are able to create a unique brand. To endow it with a “soul or personality” that transmits those values that we talked about before.
And in that visual identity you must ensure that all the elements that make up your business are coherent and transmit the same. We refer to …
- Web design.
- Packaging if it exists.
- Content strategy.
- Transmit the brand identity: technology, quality and innovation.
- Play with the sensations to enhance the product: the textures, the details of the finish, the feeling of ironing …
As you can see, the video is consistent with everything the brand represents.
How can a video help your corporate branding?
Well, in multiple ways. For example:
- Give a more professional image of your company.
- It transmits emotions better, making it easier for you to connect with your audience.
- They generate more engagement (interaction with your brand).
- It is easier to explain your value proposition.
- You differentiate yourself from the competition.
Stand out from your competition with corporate branding
At the beginning of the article we asked you if you thought that corporate branding was only for large companies. But as you have seen in the examples that we have put in the post, promoting the brand is a strategy that any business can apply regardless of its size.
From Corporate Video Production Companies In Dubai we encourage you to take advantage of the advantages of corporate and animation video so that you take a coup of authority in your sector and take a step or two ahead of the competition.