While using QuickBooks, you may encounter a PS033 error in QuickBooks Payroll. “So what is this error actually, how does it appear? What exactly does this problem mean? How can it be resolved?
On this blog, we will answer all these questions and get the correct knowledge about this error in detail. The error message may seem difficult to solve at first sight, but the error is easy enough to deal with.
What is the QuickBooks PS033 Salary Update error and how does it appear?
While QuickBooks error Ps033 succeeds in providing the best in business accounting services, one of its salient features is direct integration with payroll. But sometimes, while downloading a payroll update or accessing a company file, you may encounter an error message. The error message displays “Error PS033: QuickBooks cannot read your payroll configuration files.” This means that any file in the CPS folder is corrupted. This error can cause you to lose some information and data.
So if you encounter this kind of error, then you need to take precautions to avoid complications.
QuickBooks PS033 Causes Payroll Error
The most common cause of a PS033 error is when the CPS Folder contains a corrupted file, so you will not be able to download the payroll update. You may also have problems opening any company files.
- There can be many other causes for this error. These include:
- Your payroll subscription has been disabled.
- Your payroll subscription may be disabled.
- You may be using an incorrect service key.
- You may not have applied for the latest product update.
- QuickBooks data must be corrupt.
- The identification number (EIN) may be invalid or incorrect on file with your company.
- QuickBooks Desktop may be incompatible with the latest version of Windows.
- Incorrect or invalid PSID in the company profile.
- Payment problems or QuickBooks may not be in the correct use.
- Solutions to fix QuickBooks PS033 error
- There are many ways to resolve the QuickBooks PS033 Salary Update error. Here are some solutions that can help you solve this error. Trying one or more of these solutions can help you solve the error.
- Solution 1: Update your payroll
- Click Get Payroll Updates under Employees> Get Payroll Updates.
- Click Download each payroll update.
- Choose Update
- Solution 2: Rename the CPS folder
- You should go to C: \ Program Files \ Intuit \ QuickBooks 20nn \ Components \ Payroll.
- Look for the CPS folder in the folder.
- Rename the CPS folder to CP SOLD.
- The payroll tax schedules must be updated in QuickBooks.
- Solution 3: Disable user account control
- Go to user accounts.
- Change the control parameters for your user account.
- Disable User Account Control (UAC).
- Solution 4: Restart your system
- Turn on data validation and regeneration in QuickBooks.
- Update QuickBooks to the latest version.
- Restart the computer in safe mode again.