Do you love baking, and are you pondering how you can start a home baking business in India? Well, if you know, online companies have captured the market entirely. Especially during the pandemic, there is a sudden shift of trust in online portals. It may be for apparels or kitchen equipment or cakes and meals. Not only that, but as the festivals are coming nearby like Raksha Bandhan, people also seek those online portals from where one can send rakhi to London from India. People are dependent on online portals for every little thing, so if you have taken the decision of a home baking business, just know it is a big success.
Things To Keep In Mind While Starting A Baking Business
Let’s discuss the things you should have in mind while starting a baking business in India.
- Develop a niche. You need to focus entirely on a specific delicacy that you have perfected with time. Be a master of something that can gain your name and popularity.
- Do not stop learning. People always look for those cake shops or online bakeries that have unique and trendy cakes with them. For example, if Pinata cake is currently in trend, you should have that on your list. Otherwise, people might choose other bakers over you.
- You should have a good space where you can bake peacefully. It can be your home or a place you hired. Initially, if you do not want to hire a site, you can start with home, but baking is an art that needs a serene place and a calm mind.
- You should have all the necessary types of equipment you need while baking. Also, you can get this equipment at a competitive market price from many places. Just know that you should use good quality equipment for the long run because you cannot afford to order repeatedly or go out to buy the types of equipment.
If you live in Manipur or any other Indian city and you want to start a new business, Click here Manipur for Pin Codes of all Indian cities
How To Start A Home Baking Business
- Make a list of cakes you would like to sell. It may be cupcakes, jar cakes, wedding cakes, or vegan cakes. As you start a business, you should know the cakes you are capable of selling, and you have mastered them.
- Learn baking techniques from professional baking workshops. This will help you to work professionally and not as a novice. Learn tricks and techniques that can benefit you and your business.
- You should have an FSSAI certificate to let people know that they can trust you over cakes. A food safety certificate can be availed even if your income is less than 12 lakh a year.
- Get a name and logo for your business that is meaningful and easy to pronounce. Your logo should have soothing colours depicting your baker’s name or initials or something relatable.
- Create a website for your business, and do not forget to register your company under laws with legal formalities.
- Get your recipes right, use rich quality ingredients and good quality equipment are your weapons. Do not compromise with quality because once you lose the name, it is not really possible to gain it back.
- You should work on costing and pricing. Do not underprice your product just for sale. You have worked hard for it, and it is necessary to value your work, so remember the basic formula of cost – 3 times the ingredients used.
- Most home bakers face the problem of delivery. So beforehand, sort it out. Look for what works conveniently for you. If the pickup option saves your time and resources, then pick up else delivery only if option. You can also tie-up with certain delivery partners via taxi or some other sources.
- Social Media Marketing is a must. In today’s time, if you wish to grow and have a successful business, you need to gain success on social media also. So, make sure your presence on social media is better every day.
- Last, take care of your delicate photography. It is essential to have good pictures of whatever you make. Blurry or glitch pictures are a turn off so HD quality photos should be taken, props should be used when clicking a picture of your decadent cake for social media and websites.