Positioning a website is an increasingly compelling challenge, an adventure that to be won must rely on skills that integrate and collaborating professionals: SEO Experts, Web Designers, SEO Copywriters, Web writers.
The positioning of a website in the SERPs of search engines depends on the optimization of the site itself (and / or the blog) and its individual pages.
In particular, the optimization of a website takes place both within the site itself (in this case we speak of optimization of the SEO factors on-page) and outside the site (we speak in this case of factor optimization of off-page SEO).
On-page SEO and off-page SEO
The on-page SEO relates to all those actions and changes you can make to your web page in order to optimize it; the off-page SEO, on the other hand, refers to external initiatives to your website and that favor the placement, or the ability to enjoy external links to the site and that Google recognizes as authoritative and relevant.
These represent for you scores with which you can aspire to conquer the top of the SERP.
How to win quality external links?
You have several possibilities that you can and must exploit:
- Write exhaustive, attractive, punctual, empathic contents that can be easily linked;
- Drafting and posting guest posts on other industry sites and linking yours within the content;
- Give online interviews;
- Rely on link building and influencer marketing, making sure that influential people in your sector and in turn well positioned, link a page or content on your website.
On-page SEO for website positioning
The on-page SEO factors concern the browsing experience, the HTML code, the contents and their structure. In particular:
1. The browsing experience must be easy, fast and immediate
Important positioning factors are the ease with which you can navigate your website and the immediacy with which users understand the path of use.
This is why the tree on which the website is built, the structure with which it is implemented, the design and the contents with which it is organized and enhanced is very important.
The loading speed of your website is also an important factor for Google, as it determines the effectiveness of the browsing experience you offer to the user.
2. Your website must be responsive
There has been a lot of talk: in the era in which almost everything is now done via smartphone and tablet, your website must necessarily be responsive and ensure excellent performance even on mobile devices.
This means that the design must adapt to the size of the screens, navigation must be easy and fast, the path of use of the website must be easily understandable and the actions that the user can and must perform must be clear and easy.
3. The technical aspects are fundamental
Optimizing your website in SEO (made with a WordPress theme but not only), requires great and expert attention to some fundamental technical aspects:
- Optimization of the HTML code;
- The optimization of internal and external links, of their system and of the various redirections, which must always be functional;
- The optimization of the sitemap;
- The analysis and the correct use of the keywords of interest, which must reach the search intentions of your target audience, must be used in the right way, in the right quantity, in the most suitable place.
4. A key role is played by content
Writing a content capable of helping your website to position itself in the SERP of search engines means writing a text while thinking at the same time about the needs of Google and those of the user.
What does this mean? I’ll explain it to you.
Writing for Google means building an optimized web page, that is:
- Use the primary, secondary keywords and co-occurrences of your interest in the body of the text;
- Insert the keywords in strategic places, or in sub-paragraphs, preferably at the beginning of the sentence, at the beginning of the text, at the end and, occasionally, in the body of the text. It is essential to organize the content in sub-paragraphs and take advantage of the formatting;
- Optimize the content title, which must (or should) contain the main keyword, if possible at the beginning but without ever sacrificing the comprehensibility of what you say;
- Optimize the links to which your content refers, building an internal system;
- Optimize the URL of your content, inserting the main keyword;
- Optimize the images by filling in the Title, Alt Text and Description sections according to your needs;
- Optimize the Tag Title, or the text that appears most prominent in the search engine SERP results. This is not only an important SEO element , but it is also a fundamental factor for the User Experience , since it must immediately make the reader understand which need will respond to that content and will have to convince him to click. The Tag Title must be relevant and relevant to the content and must contain the keyword of interest;
- Optimizing the meta-description, an important element to convince the reader to read that content because it appears both in the snippets of the search engines and in the snippets of the shares on social networks.
Writing for users means producing content capable of answering your questions, of satisfying your needs, your needs and curiosities in a precise and punctual, empathetic and attractive way.
In this way readers will be encouraged to click on your content, to read, to follow you and, if you are good, to perform the action of your interest.
On the other hand, well-made content can become a point of reference for the sector and can be linked and shared by other experts, therefore by websites that will give you authoritative links, which will help you bring traffic to your website and position yourself.
On-page optimization to satisfy (Google) users
Ultimately, satisfying Google means satisfying users and satisfying user’s means satisfying Google. So, do not develop your strategy just to satisfy Google because you will not reach the desired goals and will only chase your competitors.
Rick K. Hummell is working with a well-known company where he supports to Get Dual Business License Abu Dhabi. In a mean time he listening songs, reading books and watch movies. He also writes articles on a different niche to share his experience with the world.