If you are not able to login to your QuickBooks account with your current password. Probably you forget your QuickBooks password, now time to reset password in QuickBooks account to continue your QuickBooks accounting services. You can reset your QuickBooks password anytime with the help of the below-given solution. Before reset password, you need to decide the type of password you want to reset. We mean to say QuickBooks online password or QuickBooks Desktop password. We will discuss both one by one if you want to reset QuickBooks Desktop password then you need to choose one from the admin password or user password to reset.
Read More: QuickBooks Self Employed Login
Reset Password in QuickBooks Desktop
To reset the password in QuickBooks Desktop, you need the QuickBooks Password Reset tool after that you can access your company file.
Reset Admin Password
With the help of QuickBooks reset tool, you can reset the admin password to all versions of QuickBooks, higher than 2018. Choose the appropriate tool on the basis of the QuickBooks version installed in your system.
This is available in three different versions:-
- QuickBooks Desktop Password Reset tool US version
- QuickBooks Desktop Password Reset tool Canada Version
- QuickBooks Desktop Password Reset tool UK version
Reset password for US customer
- Enter your license details and the business information that you provide at the time of registration.
- If the entered details are not correct then log in to https://camps.intuit.com to check your registration information.
- Accept terms and conditions and license agreements.
- Downloading starts automatically, if the downloading does not start, click on download now.
- Open the QuickBooks password reset tool.
- Enter the token number that was received on your registered Email Address.
- Now select the QuickBooks Desktop product from the drop-down list.
- Remember that, select the same version as QuickBooks.
- Select the company file that you want or reset the password.
- Enter the new password and enter the same password on the confirm password section.
- Finally, click on the reset password to completely reset your password.
After resetting the password you will open your QuickBooks company file with the help of a new password. A token is used only one-time to reset the password, if you want to reset password again you need a new token.
Reset user password
If you don’t have an admin password or you are a normal user then you need to contact the admin user. Because only the admin can reset your password.
You need to follow these steps to change a user password:-
- Sign in as admin.
- Go to the company, choose to set up users and passwords.
- Now select Set up the user.
- If it asked to enter the admin password again then enter the password.
- In the list select the particular user to change the password.
- Now select the Edit user.
- Enter a new password that wants to choose.
- Now choose the next and again next.
- Finally, finish.
Reset Password in QuickBooks Online
Reset password in QuickBooks Online is very easy as it is on the QuickBooks Desktop. You just need to take a few steps to reset your password in QuickBooks Online.
You need to follow these step to reset your Quickbooks Online account password:-
- Visit the QuickBooks official Site Login page and click on forgot password.
- Now enter your User ID and click on the next.
- Now answer the security question, you set at the time of registrations.
- Enter a new password and enter again to confirm the password field and click next.
- Check your submitted mail ID inbox.
- Open the mail and click on the confirmation link to successfully change the password.
- QuickBooks Database Server manager
How to check installed, QuickBooks Version
Version details are mostly available on the Help tab of any software. In Quickbooks, some editions can be found on the help tab and in some other editions in different places.
- QuickBooks Statement Writer: Open the program the select the Help after that click on About QuickBooks Statement Writer to see the version.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale: Open Point of sale then click on help after that product information.
- Quickbooks Basic Or Enhanced Payroll: click on Employees than payroll centers than the Payroll tab to see the release date and version of the product.
- QuickBooks for Mac: Select help>product Information, this will show version details.
- QuickBooks Desktop: In QuickBooks desktop press the F2 and Ctr+1 to know the version details.
Now you can reset your password in the different versions of QuickBooks. We hope above all given steps and procedures help you to reset your QuickBooks password. Rather than you have any queries and problems to reset password than you can comment us.