Honeymoon is an important part of the wedding and planning can be a fun-filled experience. There are several honeymoon destinations present across the country for new couples to visit. But the one that is the most attractive and enjoyable is Manali. This place can be stated to be an amazing fusion of warm springs, secluded valleys, treacherous alleys and icy wind. You along with your spouse are sure to get enchanted especially with the mystique and bliss present in the air here. But to enhance this experience, you need to pre-book your accommodation in one of the best manali hotels.
What is the right time to visit Manali for your honeymoon?
Summer season from March-April, is perhaps the best time to go on a honeymoon trip. The weather is calm and pleasant during this season and the air is filled with romance. Temperature ranges between 10 degree Celsius and 30 degree Celsius.
Another time to visit is during winter months’ right from October – February. December is the best time in Manali for couples as you can enjoy the snowy chill that takes place during this time. During sunny days, temperature is approximately 18 degrees, while winter experiences about -3 degrees or even less combined with snowfall. July and August months are best avoided as this place experiences frequent rainfall and landslides.
Ideal duration to enjoy your honeymoon trip in Manali
The ideal duration will be 3 days & 2 nights. This picturesque hill station does offer honeymoon couples a lot. You can surprise your beloved one with a variety of romantic, entertainment activities as well as visit beautiful places.
Post-Covid Travel Guide
Since Covid has struck pandemic across the country and the globe, it has become important for everyone to maintain social distance and adequate precaution. You should enjoy a risk-free vacation and hence, utmost safety should be your priority without compromising on your travel plans.
- Travellers visiting Himachal from Maharashtra and other Covid affected places will require Covid-19 negative report.
- Visitors can enjoy domestic travel throughout the state.
Covid-19 guidelines to follow
- Travellers coming from declared red zones are to abide by mandatory 14 days quarantine period.
- It is compulsory for all travellers are to install Aarogya Setu app.
- Negative report will be necessary to return back state of origin.
- Stay updated on the latest news on your smartphone to know about changing rules and guidelines.
- Markets will remain closed to avoid crowds during Sundays.
- All hotels are open for travellers.
- Paragliding activities are resumed in Bir Billing.
- Local transport services are functional like buses, autos and taxis.
- Volvo buses and inter-state transport expected to resume services.
Post-Covid travel updates
People, especially newly married couples are enjoying their visit at these beautiful destinations. With travel restrictions getting eased, couples and families alike have started to book their vacation packages from reputed travel agents.
Top places to visit in Manali for your honeymoon
Several beautiful honeymoon destinations adorn this hill station. A few popular ones are Gulaba, Rohtang Pass, Rahala falls, Kothi, etc. Some truly stand apart and are quite engrossing. You and your spouse are likely to experience the thrill at some of the exotic places here, thus deriving an ideal and fun-filled romantic escapade.
- Jogini Waterfall: This is a popular waterfall at a height of about 8,956 ft. besides which is a free-flowing stream. It is considered to be a sacred place to Jogini, the village goddess, also referred to as the Shakti Peeth or place for female power. Being located amongst the secluded environments, it is the perfect place to be for couples. It is located at Bashisht and is about 2.8km from Manali.
- Hadimba Devi Temple: This temple is dedicated to Hadimba, considered to be wife of Bhima, Pandu’s son. It is an enchanting temple and is known for its historical relevance. It is popular for its architectural marvel having miniature depiction of the great goddess, stylized foliation, animals and attendants. Beams that are used above display female dancers and the Navagraha taken from Krishna story. It is located at Old Manali and is open throughout the year for darshan from 8am to 6pm. There are also other closeby places of importance like the Tibetan Monasteries, Maa Sharvari Temple and Manu Temple.
- Bhrigu Lake: Located at a height of about 14,000 ft. this lake provides visitors with a panoramic view of the beautiful valleys and mountains from its top. It is also the perfect spot for daring, adventurous couples. Reaching its top takes about 2 to 3 days of trekking. You can camp at a height of 10,000 ft. amidst the mountains and enjoy having wild strawberries on the way. It is approximately 22 kilometres from Manali, located at Kullu region.
- Solang Valley: For honeymooners, this place involves lots of adventure. You can participate in exciting adventure sports including paragliding with your partner. It is at a distance of about 14km from Manali. You can also indulge in horse riding, parachuting, skiing, etc. To enjoy adventure sports, you should visit between 9am – 5pm. It is open throughout the year.
- Himachal Culture and Folk Art Museum: This museum is home to different types of exhibits like household objects, religious relics, instruments, weapons, scale models, etc. History lovers are sure to learn a lot from the exhibits displayed at this museum. It is located near to Hadimba Temple, at Utopia Complex, Siyal. It is open between 8am and 8pm.
- Pin Valley National Park: This national park is known for its semi-frozen rivers and sub-zero temperatures. It is also the state’s only cold desert located in picturesque Spiti and Lahaul district. It is located at a distance of about 70 km from Manali at Kaza Valley. August is the best month to visit as the valley during this time is the most hospitable.
To derive maximum pleasure from the trip, you should book only the best manali hotels that ensure privacy for its honeymoon guests.